You are going to love these creative 8 Wholesome Lunch-Box Ideas for Adults and Kids alike, that go way beyond your typical deli sandwich! Use some fresh fruits and veggies when trying these adult lunch box ideas!
Easy Make-Ahead Lunch-Box Recipes
I’ve been working on prepping meals/ingredients/lunches/stuff for the freezer more and more lately and it has been such an awesome thing to have done and ready to use! I even had the chance to teach a meal planning/food prep class to over 30 women this past month and I loved it. I’m getting into a great groove and having more food conveniently ready in the fridge is a game changer.
What is it about the spring that is a total zoo? We have everything from the dentist and t-ball practice to the spring dance recital and baseball going on. Having healthy food ready to go in the fridge means that I’m making good choices, even on the craziest of days.
I do pretty well about planning dinner, but it’s a whole lot harder to plan lunch. I thought I’d take a little time to prep some awesome lunches and share them with you today. These are simple, wholesome lunch-box ideas for adults. Kids could enjoy them too but I had adults in mind when I created them. These are perfect adult lunch box ideas to enjoy on the go, at work, or even at the park with the kids. Real food never looked so good.
What’s the Key to a Great Lunch on the Go?
I like to make sure my grownup lunchboxes all use simple, real food that can be prepped ahead of time and stored in the fridge. This makes it easy to grab and go, and not be stuck having to choose fast food or something you don’t really want to eat (or worse, not eat at all!).
What’s the Best Way to Store and Carry Lunch to Go?
You must get some lunchboxes you love! These Easy Lunch Boxes are super great for my kids and myself alike. It helps you portion everything out easily, plus it makes clean up and transporting simple.
How Can You Make Meal Prep Easier?
I like to prep lunches while I’m making dinner and already have out my knife and cutting board. You can also do a big meal prep session, or you can prep a little as you go. Whatever is easiest for you! Check out all of my meal prep tips here!
Tips and Tricks for Making Adult Lunch Boxes:
- The key to great lunches are keeping them simple, using real food, and making things that can be prepped ahead of time and stored in the fridge. All of these lunches hit all three of those things.
- Get some lunch boxes you love! I bought a set of Easy Lunch Boxes when my oldest went to kindergarten so that she could start packing her lunch and we still use and love them all of the time. When I’m packing my school kids’ lunches, I’ll often just make three more lunches for the little boys at home. They love eating out of these cute boxes and I love that the work is done. I’ve now bought a few more sets of these and we still love them.
- I like to prep lunches while I’m making dinner and already have out my knife and cutting board. You can set out to do a big meal prep session or you can prep a little as you go, it’s up to you.
- Have you started making no bake oatmeal bites for your lunches yet? We are OBSESSED with these little balls of goodness.
Here are the details on the adult lunch box ideas!
Possible Lunch Box Combos:
- Easy Pasta Salad (leftover pasta + chopped zucchini/red onion/tomato/bell peppers/ham + salad dressing (roasted garlic, creamy Italian, and classic vinaigrette are awesome in this)
- Cashews + dark chocolate chips
- Kiwi + blueberries
- Celery/carrots/bell peppers/broccoli
- Dried fruit (mango/pineapple/blueberries/apricots) + dark chocolate
- Butternut Squash and Red Lentil Curry + brown rice (my favorite leftovers!)
- Dark chocolate
- Red and green grapes
- Salami + provolone
- Radishes/cucumber/carrots/black olives
- Apple and Peanut Butter “Sandwiches”
- Cashews + almonds + pecans + dark chocolate chips
- Boiled eggs
- Carrots + celery
- Egg Salad
- Black olives/celery/carrots/broccoli/radishes/bell peppers
- Dried blueberries/apricots/pineapple + dark chocolate + almonds
- Cooked Quinoa + Roasted Veggies + Chicken Breast (great with optional dressing on top, and I love the roasted garlic on this)
- Red and green grapes
- Pecans + almonds + dates + dark chocolate chips
- Green Salad (all the veggies + optional ham/cheese/boiled egg). If I’m going to eat it within an hour or two, I’ll add the dressing before I leave the house. I’ll bring the dressing in a separate container if I’m not going to eat it for a few hours. Don’t dress the day you make it; it gets soggy fast.
- Blueberries + raspberries
- Dark chocolate
Wasn’t that awesome and pretty painless? The noodles and curry are leftovers from a dinner and the boiled eggs and salad dressings can be made ahead of time. Even if you were whipping these up one at a time in the morning, they shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to put together.
If you are looking for other lunch-box inspiration, you might also like these posts:
- 12 Healthy Lunch Box Ideas for Kids or Adults
- 5 Secrets to Healthy Packed-Lunch Success
- Lunch-Box Inspiration
- Packed Lunch Ideas for Kids
- Six Quick and Easy Hummus Lunch Boxes
- 6 Sandwich-on-a-Stick Lunch Box Ideas
My favorite page on all things meal prep and food prep (lots of make ahead meal ideas!)
I am so excited for you to make and try a few of these wholesome packed lunch ideas for adults! It’s a simple way to get whole foods for lunch, even on the craziest of days