I love having sweet treats ready while the kids are home during the summer and I love it even more when those treats are actually good for them. We eat a lot of homemade popsicles, date balls, and recently, homemade frozen yogurt. My kids loved this recipe and I did too!
This recipe for 4 ingredient frozen yogurt literally takes 5 minutes to make and tastes just like a traditional frozen yogurt. I felt like this was a new way to serve fruit that wasn’t a smoothie or popsicle, which we get a lot of. The color is beautiful, I have everything on hand most of the time, and you just can’t beat how quickly it comes together. This is a recipe we have been making almost daily, all week long.
You will need a food processor for this recipe, and that produces a nice thick frozen yogurt. I really like this one that I’ve used for a few years (it’s perfect for making date balls too). The texture is smooth and about as thick as a traditional soft serve frozen yogurt or ice cream. If you’d like it more firm you can always add the blended mixture to an airtight container and stick it in the freezer for a few hours. This will scoop up more like a store-bought ice cream from the freezer section. Both are delicious.
4 Ingredient Healthy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
Easy healthy perfect strawberry frozen yogurt that takes 5 minutes to make.
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 3-4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- juice of one lemon
- Add all of ingredients to the bowl of a large food processor and process until smooth, about 5 minutes. Serve right away. If you like a more firm frozen yogurt transfer the strawberry mixture to an air-tight container and allow to freeze for about 2 hours before serving.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to a month.
- You can add more honey if you’d like a sweeter frozen yogurt.
I’ve been making two batches at time lately, one to eat right away, nice and soft, and a second to stick in the freezer for another day. This way I only have to get my food processor out and dirtied once. Enjoy!