It’s that time again! 12 bloggers, 12 recipes, 12 ingredients or less and this month’s theme is just perfect for October. Pumpkin! I love pumpkin in everything from curry to pie. Today’s recipe for homemade pumpkin pie pudding in a cup is just the kind of treat to enjoy when you’d like some pumpkin pie but don’t want to make a whole pie. This recipe is naturally gluten free too, so it’s a fun option to make for friends and family who can’t enjoy traditional pie. Throw on some fresh whipped cream and you’ll really be in business.
Don’t forget to check out all of the other recipes for this month’s pumpkin theme either, you can find their links at the bottom of the post! Enjoy!
And do tell…
What is your absolute favorite recipe using pumpkin?!
- ⅔ cups brown sugar
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 2 cups cold 2% or whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a medium to large sauce pan add the brown sugar and corn starch. Whisk to combine. Slowly whisk in the cold milk to combine until the mixture is smooth and no lumps are left.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs.
- Place the pan over medium heat and cook until the mixture thickens stirring constantly, let it bubble and cook for 1 minute.
- Scoop up about a half of a cup of the hot liquid and slowly whisk it into your eggs and as soon as you have done that, slowly mix the egg mixture into the hot liquid in the pan. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture has thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the pumpkin, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Place the hot pudding into individual jars (I used 8-ounce wide mouth jars), cover and refrigerate. Eat when the pudding has cooled.
- Pumpkin Pie S’mores from Betsylife
- Mini Pumpkin Apple Chimichangas from Home Cooking Memories
- Pasta with Sausage and Creamy Sage Pumpkin Sauce from A Little Claireification
- Pumpkin Pie Yogurt from The Rebel Chick
- Pumpkin Patch Buttercream Frosting from Million Moments
- Pumpkin Nut Bread from A Night Owl Blog
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes from Mom Endeavors
- Pumpkin Sage Biscuits from Stephie Cooks
- Iced Pumpkin Spiced Latte from See Vanessa Craft
- Pumpkin Hummus from Around My Family Table
- Pumpkin Chili From Plugged in Family