I wanted to get you excited for the double America’s Test Kitchen cookbook giveaway that I announced last week (in the post with that perfect pound cake). So another recipe from the America’s Test Kitchen Family Baking Book is in order. If you missed the first announcement of the giveaway, let me give you a recap. In honor of Mother’s Day ATK and I have teamed up to bring you a double cookbook giveaway. This way you can keep a copy and have a second to give away on Mother’s Day! Trust me, it’s a gift you will want to get and give!
I chose banana bread as a second recipe from the book to prove a point. There are a million and one banana bread recipes, just like there are a million chocolate chip cookie recipes. Most people have a “go-to” recipe for these kind of classic kitchen favorites. And for those of us who don’t have a “go-to” we end up trying and trying recipes until we find the magical one that is everything we’ve ever looked for. Well friends, the recipes coming out of the ATK Family Baking Book are over and over again becoming my “go-to’s”, and this banana bread recipe is just that.
It’s exactly what you expect from banana bread and it turns out perfect every time. Sweet, moist, delicious banana goodness… what more could we ask for?! I love that it uses melted butter in the recipe; I like butter.
Enjoy the banana bread recipe and don’t forget to enter to win not one, but two copies, of ATK’s Family Baking Book!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 very large ripe bananas, mashed well
- 6 T. butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8½ by 4½ inch baking pan.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, soda, and salt together in a large bowl. In a medium bowl combine the mashed bananas, butter, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. Stir to combine the wet ingredients. Gently fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until just combine. Don't over mix. The batter should be thick and chunky.
- Scrape the batter into the greased pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Let the banana bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove it from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack for at least one hour before serving.
Here’s how you enter to win:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Good luck and thanks for reading!
Disclosure: America’s Test Kitchen provided me with a copy of the cookbook to send to my mom and is providing the prize to one lucky winner. I wasn’t paid to sponsor the giveaway or to gush about their product. I just love them and wanted to share that love with you!