Sheet Pan Tilapia Dinner
on Jun 09, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sheet Pan Tilapia is a simple recipe that combines tilapia fillets with vibrant asparagus and juicy cherry tomatoes, all cooked together on a single sheet pan. With just a few ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have a satisfying meal ready to be devoured. So let’s dive in and discover how to make this delightful dish.
Not only is this sheet pan tilapia and vegetables recipe incredibly delicious, but it also offers the added benefits of being quick to prepare and easy to clean up. With just a single pan to wash, you can spend more time savoring your meal and less time on kitchen cleanup duty.
Sheet Pan Tilapia Dinner
Tilapia is a lean and mild-flavored fish that is packed with protein, vitamins, and minerals. It is low in calories and saturated fat, making it an excellent choice for those seeking a healthy and balanced meal. The addition of asparagus and cherry tomatoes provides a dose of fiber, antioxidants, and other essential nutrients, contributing to a well-rounded and nourishing dinner.
One of the greatest advantages of sheet pan tilapia is its simplicity. With minimal prep work, you can have a complete meal ready in no time. The ingredients are easily accessible and require basic kitchen skills, making it perfect for both novice and experienced cooks.
As the name suggests, sheet pan tilapia is cooked on a single sheet pan, minimizing the number of dishes and utensils used. This not only saves time but also makes cleanup a breeze. After enjoying your delicious meal, you can simply wash the sheet pan, reducing post-dinner chores and allowing you to spend more time relaxing or doing other activities.
- Tilapia fillets
- Cherry tomatoes
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- While the oven heats up,prepare two rimmed baking sheets by spraying them with cooking spray, ensuring they are evenly coated. Set the baking sheets aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, minced garlic, lemon juice, and season salt until well combined. This will create a flavorful marinade.
- Take one of the prepared baking sheets and arrange the asparagus in a single layer on one side of the sheet. On the other side of the same sheet, place the cherry tomatoes, also in a single layer.
- On the remaining portion of the second baking sheet, place the tilapia fillets in a single layer.
- Using a pastry brush or spoon, evenly brush the butter mixture over the tilapia fillets and the vegetables on both baking sheets. This will coat them with the delicious flavors of the marinade.
- Carefully place both baking sheets in the preheated oven on separate racks, ensuring they have enough space for even cooking. Allow them to bake for approximately 11 to 13 minutes, or until the tilapia flakes easily with a fork or the tip of a knife and the asparagus is tender. Keep an eye on the cooking progress to prevent overcooking.
- Once done, remove the baking sheets from the oven, being cautious of the hot trays. Serve the sheet pan tilapia and vegetables immediately to enjoy them at their best.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use frozen tilapia fillets. However, make sure to thaw them completely before marinating and cooking. Thawing can be done by placing the frozen fillets in the refrigerator overnight or by following the package instructions for quick thawing methods.
Absolutely! While this recipe specifically calls for tilapia fillets, you can easily substitute them with other white fish varieties like cod, sole, or flounder. Just adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of the fillets to ensure they are cooked through.
Use a fork or the tip of a knife to gently press into the thickest part of the fillet. If the fish flakes easily and the flesh is opaque, it’s a good indication that the tilapia is cooked through. The flakes should separate easily and appear moist, not translucent or raw.
The internal temperature of cooked tilapia should reach 145 degrees Fahrenheit (63 degrees Celsius) as recommended by the USDA. .
If you’ve tried this Sheet Pan Tilapia Dinner recipe or any other recipe on Bless This Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Sheet Pan Tilapia Dinner
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter,, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic,, minced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons season salt
- 1 pound asparagus,, trimmed
- 6 tilapia fillets,, 4-6 ounces each
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray 2 rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, garlic, lemon juice, and season salt.
- Place asparagus in a single layer on one side of the prepared baking sheet.
- Place tomatoes in a single layer on the other side of the baking sheet with the asparagus.
- Place tilapia in a single layer onto the remaining portion of the baking sheet.
- Brush the fish and the vegetables with the butter mixture.
- Place both pans in the oven on separate baking racks, and bake until fish flakes easily with a fork or the tip of a knife and the asparagus is tender, about 11 to 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and serve right away.
- You can use olive oil in place of the butter if you’d like.
- You can use just about any fresh herbs that you like in this recipe. You can sprinkle them on before or after baking, depending on your preference.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: This needs carbs for my house. I serve this meal with homemade breadsticks, butter noodles (hot cooked pasta with butter, salt, and a little garlic powder added), rice, or quinoa. This would be so great with a seasonal fruit salad.
- MEAL PREP: You can wash and trim your asparagus ahead of time.
Sheet pan tilapia and vegetables make for a fantastic and convenient meal option. With its ease of preparation, healthy and flavorful ingredients, and quick cleanup, this dish checks all the boxes for a satisfying dinner.