Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark
on Dec 18, 2012, Updated Sep 19, 2019
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark is super easy to make and even easier to enjoy! It’s a great snack or dessert recipe for the holidays.
- 1 bag of pretzels (sticks, knots, or waffled, just no rods)
- 1 cup of butter (don’t even think of a subbing margarine!)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Kosher salt or sea salt for sprinkling
- Line a 13×18 inch baking sheet (jelly roll size) with parchment paper. No parchment? Foil, buttered or sprayed with oil will work. Place 1/2 to 2/3 of the bag of pretzels on the lined sheet and arrange so that they are some what in a single layer.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt the butter until it starts to bubble. Add the brown sugar and stir to combine. The butter will float to the top and the sugar sinks to the bottom. As the sugar warms it will combine with the butter. Stir occasionally just until the sugar and butter come together. DO NOT let the mixture boil.
- Pour the caramel mixture evenly over the pretzels and then put the pan into the oven for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top. Put the pan back in the oven for 30 second to a minute – don’t wait too long or your chocolate will burn. Remove the pan from the oven and using a rubber spatula smear the melty chocolate over the top of the pretzels.
- Sprinkle the salt over the warm chocolate – more or less depending on your taste. Allow the chocolate to set before eating. Break into pieces to serve.
I’ve made this with every type and shape of pretzel they make. These waffle-shaped pretzels were called “butter snaps” and were excellent. I layered them evenly in the pan before adding everything else and they yielded a very uniformed crunch. Sometimes I just pile on the knots or pretzel sticks and kind of spread them around. That works too but you tend to have more pretzel per bite. It’s a personal preference really because it is all very tasty.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salted caramel recipe, easy snack, easy snack recipe, best snack, homemade snack, pretzel recipe, easy pretzel recipe, easy dessert recipe, easy dessert recipe few ingredients,
What last minute gifts are you makin’ and bakin’ this week?