You’re going to love this Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie. It’s packed with protein (no weird powder needed) and the perfect healthy treat or breakfast made with real ingredients.
There are a few combos you can’t go wrong with, and peanut butter, chocolate, and banana is one that will never get old!
An Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
If you need an afternoon pick-me-up or even a lightened-up dessert, this easy peanut butter banana smoothie is absolute gold! With simple ingredients and the best creamy texture thanks to the banana, it’s sweet, peanut buttery, and filling without being too heavy. The use of Greek yogurt and optional collagen peptides adds a boost of protein, so yep, you could even have (or serve) this smoothie for breakfast! Chocolate and PB in the morning? Sign me up.
If you have a hard time getting little ones to eat “healthy” (i.e. fresh, green, or lean protein-filled foods), then this smoothie’s about to be your new bestie. It is SO good, and with only 5 necessary ingredients (plus 2 optional), it’s the easiest thing ever! Anytime I have bananas about to go bad, I like to chop them into about 1-inch pieces and stick them in a bag to freeze. They act as the “ice” in this smoothie, but won’t water it down like ice does. And banana adds an added element of sweetness and creaminess that is incredible. Satisfy that chocolate and peanut butter sweet tooth with this healthy smoothie!
Is Peanut Butter in a Smoothie Good for You?
Yes! Peanut butter is a great source of protein, keeping you full for longer and giving your body a boost of energy to function well. Plus, it’s delicious!
What’s in this High Protein Smoothie?
There are just a few simple ingredients in my simple chocolate peanut butter smoothie!
Banana: I like using frozen, chopped up banana to act as the chilling element to the smoothie. Plus, banana is a natural sweetener!
Cocoa powder: Use 2 to 3 tablespoons depending how rich of a chocolate flavor you prefer. Cocoa powder is a pure form of chocolate without added sugar, which makes it a lighter option than milk chocolate.
Peanut butter: PB is a delicious, nutty addition to smoothies for added protein.
Greek yogurt: You can go with plain or vanilla Greek yogurt. It gives the smoothie a creamier texture and more protein power!
Milk: Milk acts as the liquid to blend the ingredients together into a drinkable consistency. You can use cow’s milk or almond, whichever you prefer!
Optional sweetener & protein powder: If you use plain yogurt, you may want to add honey or maple syrup to naturally sweeten the drink, plus a scoop of protein powder will up the protein element.
How to Make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie:
Smoothies are too easy and yummy!
- Add everything to jar of blender; blend until smooth.
- Add more milk as needed.
- Enjoy immediately.
Can I Use Overripe Bananas in Smoothies?
Yes, as long as they’re not rotten! I do recommend freezing them first, though. Frozen bananas keep you from needing to use ice, which can water down the flavor in smoothies.
What Can I Add to My Smoothie to Thicken It?
If you’d like a thicker smoothie, use less milk than recommended. If you’ve already added too much milk, add extra banana or yogurt and blend again to thicken.
This Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is packed with protein (no weird powder needed) and the perfect healthy treat or breakfast.
- 1 banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I like the Dutch-processed kind)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (honey or maple syrup), optional
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk (almond or cow’s milk both work well)
- 1 scoop of collage peptides for added protein, optional
- Add everything to the jar of your blender, and blend until smooth.
- Add more milk as needed to process until smooth.
- Enjoy right away.
- If you are using vanilla Greek yogurt, it already comes sweetened, so you probably won’t need to add the additional honey or maple syrup.
- I like the full 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, but my kids prefer 2 tablespoons. Try it and see what you like!
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: Serves 1
Keywords: peanut butter banana smoothie, chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie, protein smoothie, healthy smoothie
Want To Save This Recipe?
Not in a chocolate mood? You might like these:
- Healthy Orange Julius smoothie
- Healthy Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie
- Healthy Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- 8 Simple Smoothie Recipes to Liven Up Your Day
- Healthy Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
- Workout Recovery Smoothie
- Postpartum Recovery Smoothie
- Cold Killer Smoothie
- Sour Cherry and Pomegranate Detox Smoothie
- Healthy Tropical Smoothie
- How to make freezer smoothie bags (the easiest smoothies ever!)