Easy pepperoni pizza muffins bring the delicious and satisfying flavors of pizza to bite-sized snacks you can eat on the go!
For more unconventional and creative pizza hacks that the whole family will love, make sure you try my Perfect Pepperoni Pizza Sticks, Supreme Pizza Stuffed Zucchini, and 20 Minute Easy Cheesy Pizza Sticks. I mean, YUM.
Easy Pepperoni Pizza Muffins
Pepperoni. Pizza. Muffins. Can you handle all the goodness inside just one recipe?! I hardly can! As a pizza lover, meal prep lover, and easy recipe lover, this recipe kind of brings together a whole bunch of my favorite things ever. It's pretty incredible, too. I mean, pizza is wonderful and delicious in its original form, but these are almost like their own individual, miniature deep dish pizzas.
Dipped in a simple marinara sauce, it'll make all your dreams come true, and you can enjoy these on the go! They pack well in lunch boxes and serve as a great, quick after-school snack before sports or music practice for kids. Plus, they couldn't be easier to whip up for a busy week when you know you'll need sustenance for your family between all the many things going on (I totally get it!).
How long do pepperoni pizza muffins last for?
These store well in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 to 5 days. They also freeze really well in sealable bag for up to 3 or 4 months.
Could you add ingredients other than pepperoni to this recipe?
Yes! Add any of your favorite pizza toppings! You could do tomato and basil for margherita pizza muffins, or throw in some crumbled cooked sausage, chopped green pepper, and black olives for more of a supreme pizza flavor. You can really have fun with it and use anything you'd use on a regular pizza!
What goes well with pepperoni pizza muffins?
I love packing these in lunch boxes with some sliced veggies, fruit, trail mix, and a container of marinara sauce for dipping. You could also pack ranch dressing in place of the marinara if your a ranch and pizza kind of person. They really go well with anything you'd eat pizza with! You could always make a simple side salad or meatballs to eat with them if you're enjoying them at home for dinner.
Perfect make-ahead item for packed school lunches too! My kids LOVED them.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped pepperoni
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin tin well, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the milk, egg, mozzarella, and Parmesan and stir to combine well but don't over mix.
- Fold in the pepperoni.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the muffins rest for 5 minute before removing them to cool on a wire rack. Serve warm with marinara sauce.
- You have a lot of freedom with these! Feel free to add veggies or other favorite pizza toppings to the muffin batter to make your favorite pizza flavor.
- These store great in the fridge for up to 5 days and they reheat well. My kids also didn't mind them cold with their packed lunches.
- These make a great side for soups as you would grilled cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: lunch
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: packed lunch, lunch ideas, lunchbox, pepperoni pizza, muffin, homemade muffin
Other great pizza recipes:
- Easy Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
- Easy Cinnamon Sticks made from Pizza Dough
- Homemade Pizza with Chicken and Bacon
- Homemade Supreme Pizza Recipe
- Breakfast Pizza Sticks
- Supreme Pizza Stuffed Zucchini
- Quick and Easy Flatbread Pizzas
- 30 Minute Meaty Margherita Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna Roll-ups
- 100% Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
- Fruit Pizza Sugar Cookies!
Easy pepperoni pizza muffins are savory and delicious bites of pizza-inspired goodness -- pack them in lunches or enjoy them on the go!