Pumpkin Cake Mix Cake
I love a little cheat when it comes to baking. Using a box mix in this Pumpkin Cake Mix Cake makes it easy, quick and just as delicious.
I still love all things pumpkin any time of the year. This cake is tasty and is great to feed a crowd. I love that it bakes up quick and is a portable dessert too.
Pumpkin Cake Mix Cake
This is the dessert that people will rave about and ask you for the recipe! It is moist, delicious and slathered with cream cheese frosting. People won’t believe you when you tell them how easy it is to make.
You can make this cake with just about any cake mix. I have tried it with a yellow cake mix, white cake mix or a spice cake mix but you can always use whatever you have on hand. The great things about using a cake mix is that you won’t need to add flour, baking soda or salt. Easy peasy.
This dessert is super flexible from a 9x13 pan for baking to a bundt cake. So many options.
How do I store pumpkin cake mix cake?
Due to the fact that this cake is frosted with cream cheese you are going to want to store this cake in the refrigerator. Wrap in plastic wrap and eat within 5 days.
Should I use pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie filling?
You will want to use 100% pumpkin puree for this pumpkin cake. Using pumpkin pie filling will drastically change the texture and taste.
Can I use a spice cake mix to make this pumpkin cake?
I have used a box of spice cake mix before and it turned out great. If you go this route, omit the pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
When should I frost my pumpkin cake?
It is always wise to wait until the cake is completely cooled before attempting to frost a cake. If the cake is still warm from the oven you will end up in a real sticky situation.
Cheater Gooey Pumpkin Butter Cake
- 1 16- ounce can pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts I like pecans
- 1 cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl add together the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until well combine and then pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix on top of the pumpkin mixture and gentle pat down the top with your hands. Spring the nuts over the cake mix and then evenly pour the melted butter over the top of the nuts.
- Bake the cake for 50 minutes. Serve with lightly sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. It's delicious the second day at room temperature too.
Pumpkin Cake Mix Cake is a dessert that is good throughout all of the seasons. The ease to make it coupled with how moist and delicious it is solidifies this cake as a winner in my book.
Does it form its own crust? The picture looks like a graham cracker crust.
Kind of, it's more like a cake layer!Super tasty.
Have you or anyone else tried it with different flavour cake mixes? I'm wondering how chocolate would taste??
I've made it with white and yellow cake mix, but if you try chocolate I would love to know what you think!
oh my goodness, these are mouth watering!
perhaps you can help a fellow food blogger out and vote for my mac n cheese recipe? i'd really appreciate it!: http://www.mysteryingredientbloggershowcase.com/?contestants=macaroni-and-cheese
Nice recipe. Thank you.
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust
This cake is gorgeous! And what fun times with your mom! Living far apart is just yucky sometimes!
Holy Moly, this looks good 🙂