My 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Honey Granola Bars are an easy snack for on-the-go adventures, and pair perfectly with delicious and nutritious Horizon® Organic DHA Omega-3 milk boxes!
Homemade Granola Bar Recipe with Horizon Organic DHA Omega 3 Milk
This post was sponsored by Horizon Organic. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I use and love.
Summer is right around the corner, and I am so ready! Having the kids home for more hours in the day means that we have more time to go on adventures together. Living in Southern Utah certainly has its perks! We made a list of all of the things we wanted to see, learn, and do over the summer this past week, and outdoor adventures topped the list.
I’m planning on taking my kids on all kinds of fun and adventurous outings, like hiking, swimming, and camping. So, granola bars with a simple list of tasty ingredients are a great option for all of our journeys. They’re easy to whip up, they pack well, and the kids can help make them. We always throw in Horizon Organic DHA Omega-3 milk boxes when we’re on the go because they’re so lunchbox friendly, and they go great with homemade granola bars!
Horizon Organic dairy comes from more than 600 organic family farms across the country… As a hobby farmer myself, you already know how much I love that. Plus, they never use any toxic persistent pesticides, antibiotics, or added hormones on their cows, or GMOs in their products. I know I can feel good consuming their dairy products, and I can trust them for my whole family, too!
What can I use to make my granola bars stick together?
You shouldn’t have ANY problems getting your bars to stick with these ingredients. Peanut butter and honey are the stickiest binds you could ask for when making granola bars. Just be sure you don’t add too many rolled oats or additional add-ins, because that might make them a bit too dry to stay together.
What’s in my granola bars ?
You’ve got protein (peanut butter), you’ve got fiber (oats), you’ve got a natural sweetener (honey)., and Horizon Organic DHA Omega-3 milk boxes, as a robust supply of protein, calcium, and omega-3 DHA.
How long do homemade granola bars keep for?
These keep best and hold their shape if you store them in the fridge. They’ll last for up to a week refrigerated!
What are the benefits of Horizon Organic DHA Omega-3 milk?
Horizon Organic milk is one of my family’s favorite drinks, and it just so happens to go splendidly with homemade granola bars. The biggest perk is it’s packed with DHA, a nutrient that can support brain and eye health function. Horizon’s DHA is a little different than many kinds because it’s plant-based and vegetarian, rather than derived from fish, so the taste of their milk is still rich, creamy, and delish! Horizon Organic milk is the number 1 pediatrician recommended organic milk brand (among those recommending a brand of organic milk), and it provides 8 grams of satisfying protein and 30% of your daily value of calcium. It’s an all-around win-win, if you ask me!
My 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Honey Granola Bars are an easy snack for on-the-go adventures, and pair perfectly with delicious Horizon Organic DHA Omega-3 milk boxes!
- 2 1/2 cups organic old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup organic creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- Generous pinch of salt
- Optional mix-ins: seeds, nuts, chopped dried fruit
- Place peanut butter and honey in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, until the mixture comes together and gets hot and bubbles lightly, about 3 minutes, stirring very often.
- Add oats and salt, and stir until well combined.
- Dump into a greased 8×8 baking dish, and pack and flatten into an even layer. I like to press the mixture down with the bottom of a cup.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Slice into bars or squares
- For the mix-ins, add them when you add the oats. Add 1/4 cup chopped nuts or seeds, chopped dried fruit, or 2 tablespoons chia seeds. If using mix-ins, reduce the oats to 2 1/4 cups.
- These bars hold their shape best if they stay chilled, and I recommend keeping them in the fridge.
- Cooking the honey mixture until it’s bubbly helps the homemade granola bars to stick together. That being said, you can burn the mixture (honey burns pretty easily), so be sure to keep an eye on it and stir often!
Want To Save This Recipe?
Other granola bar recipes you’ll love:
- My Favorite Blueberry Pecan Granola Bar Recipe
- The Best Chocolate Chip Granola Bar Recipe
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Granola Bars
- 8 Easy Homemade Granola Bar Recipes You Should Try TODAY
- White Chocolate and Craisin Granola Bars
Other no bake snack ideas:
- Healthy Snack Bars
- Extra Protein Oatmeal Bites
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Muesli Bites
- 9 Energy Bites Recipes Everyone Needs
- 8 No-Bake Oatmeal Energy Balls
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Energy Balls
- Blueberry Muffin Date Balls (healthy, no-bake treat)
So friends, what are YOU planning on doing this summer with the kids in your life? I hope that you take full advantage of the time, and this recipe!
My easy homemade Granola Bars are an easy snack for on-the-go adventures, and pair perfectly with delicious Horizon Organic DHA Omega-3 milk boxes!