Quick and Easy Chicken Salad is one of my favorite dishes to throw together in a hurry and eat for the next few days.
My kids and husband love this chicken salad and I love all the great flavors and vegetables it has. The best part? You can eat it however you see fit. I like to use mini bell peppers, celery, and cucumber to dip into the chicken salad. My kids liked it served on top of cracker, and my husband likes it on toasted whole grain bread with extra mayo on the bread. No matter how you eat it, it’s great.
My Favorite Chicken Salad
This simple summer chicken salad salad is also a really great dish to take to friends and family who need a meal. Whether they have a new baby in the house or have a sick family member, this simple dish is sure to please.
I love that it doesn’t need to be heated or cooked before eating. It’s the perfect thing to grab when you are hungry and need something now. Add some fruit, cut up veggies, and even a bag of your favorite potato chips and a loaf of bread and you’ll be sending a bag of cheer that is ready on demand with no effort on their part.
What do I serve with chicken salad?
Serve with fruit, cut up veggies, your favorite potato chips or put it on bread for a yummy sandwich.
How long does chicken salad last?
This chicken salad is great for leftovers. Store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can I use a rotisserie chicken or chicken salad?
You bet! Rotisserie is quick, easy, and will taste amazing in your chicken salad.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- The Best Chicken Tacos Ever
- Stove Top Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
If you’ve tried this chicken salad recipe or any other recipe on Bless this Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories AND add your photo to your comment so that other can see your creation.Print
My favorite easy chicken salad recipe made with shredded chicken, grapes, almonds, bell pepper and green onion. You’ll love how flavor packed this recipe is!
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup chopped grapes
- 1/3 to 1/2 cups good mayonnaise (homemade wins!)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet bell peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- Small handful of fresh spinach, chopped (about 1 cup)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients and stir well.
- Add more mayonnaise and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on bread, dip it on to crackers, eat it on celery and mini sweet bell peppers.
- Store any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- If you don’t like one of the ingredients, simply leave it out! This is a very flexible recipe that you can make to your liking.
- You can boil and shred chicken breasts for this, use leftover meat from a whole cooked chicken, or even used canned chicken for this recipe.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 7.5g
- Sodium: 149.6mg
- Fat: 20.3g
- Carbohydrates: 12.9g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 19.1mg
Keywords: chicken salad, chicken salad recipe, how to make chicken salad, easy chicken salad, easy chicken salad recipe
Want To Save This Recipe?
Try these recipes too, I know you’ll love them:
- Tomato Basil Cheese Crackers
- 6 Simple Salad in a Jar Recipes
- Quick and Easy Tortellini Soup with Spinach
- Quick and Easy Ranch Chicken Bake
- Fathead Cracker Recipe (Grain-Free)
- Classic Tuna Pasta Salad
- Instant Pot Egg Salad (no boiled eggs to peel!)
- Classic Potato Salad Recipe
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Thai Chopped Salad with the Best Peanut Dressing
Quick and Easy Summer Chicken Salad is one of my favorite dishes to whip up when I’m in a hurry and the whole family loves it. Enjoy!