- 3 packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 6–7 green onions, green part only, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roast beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- chopped nuts for rolling, optional (I like pecans), about 2 cups
- In a large bowl add the cream cheese, green onion, roast beef, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Using clean hands, blend everything together really well. The heat from your hands really helps to work everything together.
- Taste with the crackers you are using. Add salt if needed and more Worcestershire or garlic powder as needed. Taste again and adjust to your liking.
- To make mini cheese balls, take a handful of the cream cheese mixture and pat it into a ball about the size of your fist. Place ball on a plate and repeat until you have used all of your mixture. You should get about 8 balls. Roll each ball in nuts if you choose then wrap and plastic wrap and keep in the fridge until you are ready to use them.
- To make a party-sized cheese ball, scrape as much of the cream cheese mixture as you can from the bowl into your hands. Pat and roll in between your hands to form a ball. Roll in nuts if you are going to, reshape, and then wrap in plastic wrap.
- Let it firm up in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
- To serve unwarp the cheese ball and place it on a platter with crackers.
- I often put the mini cheese balls on my neighbor goodie plates (along with cookies, fudge, and other homemade treats) and everyone LOVES getting something salty with all that sweet.
- Make one big cheese ball or divide it up to share, it’s up to you.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheese ball, cream cheese ball, beef and cheese ball, onion cheese ball, homemade cheese ball, cheese ball recipe, easy cheese ball recipe