Banana Bread Muffins are a delicious and easy-to-make treat. These muffins are a spinoff of classic banana bread, but in smaller, more convenient portions. They are perfect for breakfast, a midday snack, or even as a dessert.
Banana bread muffins are the perfect way to use up ripe bananas. Instead of letting them go to waste, simply mash them up and mix them into your batter. Banana bread muffins are a total crowd-pleaser. Whether you're serving them to your family or bringing them to a party, banana bread muffins are always a hit.
Banana bread muffins can be enjoyed at any time of the day. They make a great grab-and-go breakfast option, a midday snack, or a dessert. They pair well with a cup of coffee or tea, and can be served warm or at room temperature.
People love banana bread muffins. They are incredibly easy to make. Unlike traditional banana bread, which can take over an hour to bake, muffins only take around 20-25 minutes.
- Plain yogurt or sour cream
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Making banana bread muffins is very simple. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mashed ripe bananas, sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a muffin tin lined with paper liners and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Banana bread muffins can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months.
Yes, you can substitute the all-purpose flour with almond flour, coconut flour, or another gluten-free flour. Keep in mind that the texture and flavor may differ slightly. I have the best luck using a 1:1 gluten free flour for this recipe.
Yes! Adding chopped nuts or chocolate chips is a great way to add some texture and flavor to your muffins.
Did you try this recipe? Leave a ⭐️ rating below and share it on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Banana Bread Muffins
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed well
- 6 tablespoons butter melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin well and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas with a fork or pastry blender.
- Stir in the the butter, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Don't over mix. The batter should be thick and a little chunky
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 cups of the prepared muffin tin. Bake in the hot oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Let the banana bread muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove from the pan and let it cool slight on a wire rack before serving warm or at room temperature.
- Feel free to fold in a ½ to 1 cup of chopped nuts, dried fruit, or chocolate chips, or a mix of these things to the batter before baking.