Happy February friends!
I thought we’d start off Love Month with something sweet and a little indulgent (but still totally healthy). Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie (no weird powder needed) is just the recipe for today. I tend to get in smoothie ruts. I make a lot of green smoothies for me and a lot of traditional fruit smoothies for the kids, but I don’t branch out much past that. I’ve seen plenty of recipes for chocolate and/or peanut butter smoothies and so I thought it high time to give some a try. After a week or so of “testing,” I came up with a chocolate peanut butter smoothie that is packed with protein, naturally sweet, and tastes a whole lot like dessert. It was delicious!
It’s a step out of the box and tastes awesome. The leftovers also make the most delicious popsicles. My kids have been eating them as fast as I can get them frozen. Not in a chocolate mood? You might like this healthy Orange Julius smoothie… heck, make them both!
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced and then frozen
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I like the Dutch Processed kind)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- ½ cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (honey or maple syrup) optional
- ½ to ¾ cup milk (almond or cow's milk both work well)
- Add everything to the jar of your Blendtec and blend until smooth. Add more milk as needed to process until smooth. Enjoy right away.
I like the full 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder but my kids prefer 2 tablespoons. Try is and see what you like!
For this recipe, I recommend:
Give this smoothie a try! You’ll love it. Need tips on freezing bananas? You’ll love this post.
My friend Lindsey from Cafe Johnsonia has been working for a year on taking all of the pictures for the Simple Green Smoothies book and it is beautiful! If healthy smoothies are your jam, check out the book! My kids like thumbing through the pages as much as I do. It’s gorgeous and has a million new healthy smoothie combos to inspire you.
Have a great Monday friends.