Super Simple No-Knead Bread using just 4 basic ingredients and some time which makes a super chewy crust with a soft and fluffy middle.
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Instant or Rapid-rise yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a large bowl add the flour, salt, and yeast. Mix to combine.
- Add the water and mix until it all comes together. The dough will be soft and “shaggy”.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap or a lid and let it rest at room-temperature for 8 to 24 hours.
- When you are ready to bake your dough turn it out onto a well floured surface and shape it into a ball. Set the ball on a large piece of parchment paper. Place the parchment paper and dough in a large cast iron skillet with a lid (6 to 9 quart cast iron dutch oven work best). Let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the pot, with the lid on, inside the oven and bake the bread for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the lid and back for another 20 minutes until the top is dark brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and then remove the bread from the pan by holding onto the edges of the parchment paper.
- Let the bread cool on a wire rack for at least an hour before serving.
- I’ve had great success with using half whole wheat and half all-purpose flour as well as using 100% whole wheat flour for this recipe.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 274
- Sugar: 0.2g
- Sodium: 408.6mg
- Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 57.3g
- Protein: 7.8g
Keywords: Bread, No-Knead, Whole wheat