Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower is one of our all-time favorite healthy vegetable side dishes that the whole family loves to eat.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into pieces (about 2 cups)
- 8-10 fresh Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, halved, and outer leaves removed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, optional
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the veggies and drizzle the olive oil over the top. Sprinkle on salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Spread the veggies out on a baking sheet, flipping the Brussels sprouts over as needed so that the cut side is down.
- Bake in hot oven for 15-20 minutes until you can pierce the Brussels spouts with a fork.
- When they come out of the oven, squeeze the lemon over the top.
- Serve right away with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Look for Brussels sprouts that are about two inches long and are bright green with no dark blemishes.
- Feel free to use another neutral oil for this recipe if you prefer.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: side
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, vegetable, side, healthy