This Pumpkin Pie recipe, made with fresh pumpkin, will be the hit dessert of your Thanksgiving feast. What better way to celebrate your family coming together, than with a homemade pumpkin pie?
- Homemade Pumpkin Puree from 1 to 2 small sugar pumpkins (see notes), about 4 cups
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14-ounce)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust
- To prep your pumpkins cooking them in the slow cooker is the easiest and best way to cook them. You can find full pumpkin cooking instructions here. You can do this a few days in advance if you need to.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake your prepared pie crust for 12 minutes.
- While the crust is cooking make your filling. Add your pumpkin puree (about 4 cups) to the bowl of your food processor. Process until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredient and process to combine well, about 1 minute, scraping down the sides as needed.
- When the pie crust has cooked for 12 minutes, remove it from the oven. Carefully pour in the filling, return the pie to the oven, and bake for an additional hour. Remove the pie from the oven and allow to cool on a rack for 30 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature or cold with fresh whipped cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: Makes 1 9-inch pie
Keywords: thanksgiving pie recipe, homemade pumpkin pie recipe, best thanksgiving pie recipe, thanksgiving pumpkin pie recipe, how to make pumpkin pie, easy pumpkin pie recipe, best pumpkin pie recipe