Easy and delicious homemade coconut cream pie in a graham cracker crust topped with real whipped cream and toasted coconut. YUM!
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (15 ounce can)
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup toasted coconut, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, bring the coconut milk and 1/4 cup of sugar up to 180 degrees over medium heat, stirring very often. The mixture should be hot and start to steam across the top, but should not boil.
- While the coconut milk is heating, mix the cornstarch and 1/4 cup of sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Add the egg yolks and whole egg to the cornstarch mixture and whisk to combine well.
- When the coconut milk is hot, slowly whisk one cup of hot coconut milk into the egg mixture and then whisk the egg mixture back into the pan of hot cream.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture starts to bubble and thicken, stirring constantly, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1/2 cup toasted coconut, butter, and vanilla.
- Place the hot pie filling in a prepared graham cracker crust and refrigerate until cool. It can be covered and left for up to three days in the fridge.
- When you are ready to serve the pie, whip the heavy cream and place it on top of the pie and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of toasted coconut flakes.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: coconut pie recipe, coconut cream pie, coconut cream pie recipe, best coconut cream pie, easy homemade pie, easy homemade pie recipe