This Farmstand One Pot Wonder Recipe is made with fresh green beans, new potatoes, onions, and ham that are all cooked in one pot. It is so easy, you'll love it!
- 1 to 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and broken
- 2 pound new potatoes, cut into 1-2 inch chunks (peel left on)
- 1-2 pound cooked ham, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups broth (chicken or vegetable are both good)
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-6 ears corn
- In a large pot add the potatoes, green beans, ham, broth, onion, and salt. Put a tight fitting lid on the pot and put it over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a low boil/simmer and allow it to cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take the lid off the pot and carefully place the corn on top of the mixture in the pot, replace the lid and allow the dish to cook for an additional 15-25 minutes until the potatoes and green beans are cooked through.
- Remove from the heat, remove the corn and place it on a serving dish, Add more salt and pepper to the pot, to taste, serve hot with corn on the side.
If you are using small new potatoes you can just throw the whole potatoes in. This recipe is very flexible when it comes to ingredients and measurements... just use what you have on hand!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4-6
- Calories: 468
- Sugar: 14.4g
- Sodium: 1315.1mg
- Fat: 10.9g
- Carbohydrates: 60.1g
- Protein: 36.8g
- Cholesterol: 89.3mg
Keywords: one pot meal, healthy one pot meal, one pot recipe, easy dinner idea, dinner recipe, recipe for fresh vegetables, ham dinner idea, ideas for fall dinner, fall dinner recipe