Easy Roasted Chickpeas are a great snack to eat right off the pan, or to store in the fridge as part of your weekly meal prep!
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), 15-ounces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of seasonings/herbs of your choosing (combo ideas in notes)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Drain the chickpeas and then give them a good rinse with cold water. Place them on a layer of paper towel and use another paper towel to blot of some of the extra water.
- Place the chickpeas in a small bowl and add the olive oil. Give the chickpeas a stir so that the oil coats them well. Add your seasonings and salt and stir again to combine.
- Place the seasoned chickpeas on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until the outside is crispy and darkened and the inside is creamy. Remove from the oven and enjoy hot. Serve over salads or with roasted veggies over quinoa.
Favorite flavor combos:
TACO – 1/2 teaspoon each – chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika
CURRY – 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder + 1/2 teaspoon cumin
RANCH – 1 teaspoon dill + 1/4 teaspoon onion AND garlic powder
The possibilities are endless! Experiment to find what you like.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
- Calories: 264
- Sodium: 771.3mg
- Fat: 11.8g
- Carbohydrates: 31.1g
- Protein: 11.4g
Keywords: beans, gluten-free, snack, vegan