A quick and easy cornbread waffles with chili recipe that only take 15 minutes to get on the table. The whole family will love adding their own toppings to this breakfast for dinner meal!
For the Cornbread Waffle
- 1 box of Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cups milk
For the Topping
- 1 can of your favorite store-bought chili or a few cups of homemade
- shredded lettuce
- grated cheese
- sour cream
- diced tomatoes
- hot sauce
- pickled jalapeños
- For the waffles, mix together the cornbread mix, egg, butter, and milk in a small bowl. Cook the cornbread in a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Heat the chili and prepare the toppings.
- When the cornbread waffles are cooked, top them with warm chili and toppings and enjoy.
- I had to buy canned chili and boxed cornbread mix just for this. We loved the meal and so I made a big batch of chili and put it in the freezer in 2-cup portions and I have also used my favorite homemade cornbread recipe and just added a bit more milk so that it was a little thinner than usual for the waffles. The store-bought stuff is super easy but if you have the time, the homemade stuff is probably a little better for you.
- The Best Cornbread Recipe we love this one. Feel free to try to cut it in half.
- Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili or Healthy Lentil Chili are favorites over the cornbread waffles. I’ll make them and save a portion for this meal later in the week. Cook once, eat twice!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Waffle Maker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy waffle recipe, breakfast for dinner, cornbread waffles, best waffle recipe, homemade waffles, how to make waffles