Fast and easy cornbread waffles with chili that only take 15 minutes to get on the table. The whole family will love adding their own toppings.
For the Cornbread Waffle
- 1 box of Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cups milk
For the Topping
- 1 can of your favorite store-bought chili or a few cups of homemade
- shredded lettuce
- grated cheese
- sour cream
- diced tomatoes
- hot sauce
- pickled jalapeños
- For the waffles, mix together the cornbread mix, egg, butter, and milk in a small bowl. Cook the cornbread in a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Heat the chili and prepare the toppings.
- When the cornbread waffles are cooked, top them with warm chili and toppings and enjoy.
- I had to buy canned chili and boxed cornbread mix just for this. We loved the meal and so I made a big batch of chili and put it in the freezer in 2-cup portions and I have also used my favorite homemade cornbread recipe and just added a bit more milk so that it was a little thinner than usual for the waffles. The store-bought stuff is super easy but if you have the time, the homemade stuff is probably a little better for you.
- The Best Cornbread Recipe we love this one. Feel free to try to cut it in half.
- Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili or Healthy Lentil Chili are favorites over the cornbread waffles. I’ll make them and save a portion for this meal later in the week. Cook once, eat twice!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Waffle Maker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: savory waffle recipe, waffles for dinner, waffles and chili, cornbread waffles, waffles from scratch