Creamy taco pasta salad made with pasta, hamburger, chopped vegetables, and a creamy, taco-inspired dressing to bring it all together. Bonus: It’s done in about 20 minutes! It’s simply the best family-friendly pasta salad recipe!
- 2 cups small dry pasta (about 8 ounces)
- ½ pound hamburger
- ½ cup finely chopped bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until it is cooked al dente. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- While the pasta cooks, in a small skillet cook the hamburger over medium-high heat until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink. Drain extra grease and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the pasta to a medium mixing bowl. Add the cooked hamburger, bell pepper, olives, tomato, red onion, and the cheddar cheese. Add the mayonnaise mixture.
- Stir everything together until it is all well-coated. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve right away.
To make this meatless sub the hamburger for a drained and rinsed can of black or pinto beans.
- Category: Side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: taco pasta salad, taco pasta salad recipe, how to make taco pasta salad, taco salad recipe, how to make taco salad, pasta salad recipe, homemade pasta salad recipe