Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin and Potatoes make the perfect simple dinner with moist and flavorful pork and crisp potatoes.
- 1 Smithfield Prime Pork Tenderloin (about 1.5 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small to medium onion cut into 4 large slices
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 2.5 pounds of potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1 to 1.5 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- Open the package of pork and remove one tenderloin. Save the second for another meal. Place the pork on a large plate.
- Mix together the salt, rosemary, celery seed, black pepper, and minced garlic in a small bowl.
- Rub the pork all over with the olive oil and then coat it well with the spice mixture on all sides.
- Place the sliced onion on the bottom of the slow cooker, favoring one side of the slow cooker, and then place the pork on top of the onion.
- Gently drizzle the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce over the pork.
- Use a large piece of foil to make a pocket for the potatoes next to the pork. Be careful to make it large enough so that the pork juice won't get into the foil.
- Fill the foil with the cubed potatoes and add 1 tablespoon of butter.
- The pork should be off to one side but not completely touching the side of the slow cooker.
- Add the lid and cook for 3.5 to 4 hours on LOW or until the pork registers 145 degrees using an instant-read thermometer or the probe on your slow cooker.
- When the pork is cooked through, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 3 minutes.
- While the pork is resting, place the potatoes in a large bowl and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, chopped parsley and salt to taste. Stir to combine.
- Slice the pork and place it on a serving platter. Serve right away with buttered potatoes on the side.
- The key to having the pork and potatoes finish cooking at the same time is the size of the potatoes. 1 to 1 1/2 inch cubes are ideal for perfectly cooked potatoes.
- Mix up the fresh herbs you add to the potatoes based on what's growing in your garden and what you like. Fresh dill and chives are also delicious.
- The juice that is left in the bottom of the slow cooker is delicious. Strain it and serve it "au jus" style or add it to a sauce pan to make a gravy. Add 3 tablespoons cold water and 1 tablespoon corn starch to a small bowl and whisk together to make a slurry. Bring the juice to a simmer and add the cornstarch slurry and stir until thickened, making a simple gravy for the pork and potatoes.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pork tenderloin, pork tenderloin recipes, crock pot pork tenderloin, how to cook pork tenderloin, slow cooker pork tenderloin