These Easy Pumpkin Donut Holes are such a fun and tasty treat to share with your friends and family! Nothing will brighten someone’s day like these fresh homemade donuts.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- Additional 1/2 cup of granulated sugar mixed with 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice for dusting
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the sugar, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice together until smooth. Add the milk, pumpkin puree, melted butter, and vanilla and whisk to combine. Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture until evenly combined.
- In a dutch oven, heat 3 inches of oil over medium-high heat until the oil reaches 350 degrees. Using two spoons, scoop out a ping-pong ball sized scoop of batter and carefully scrape the batter into the hot oil. Repeat about 5 more times and fry the donuts until the are crisp and deeply brown on all side, 3 to 6 minutes. Adjust the heat as needed to keep the oil at 350 degrees.
- Use a slotted spoon and transfer the fried donuts to a paper towel lined sheet. Repeat with remaining batter. Roll the donuts in the sugar + pumpkin pie spice mixture and stir warm.
You can make smaller donut buy scooping out a smaller amount of batter. Just adjust your frying time. My kids like little tiny donuts!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Dutch Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin donuts, donuts recipe, donut holes recipe, donut holes, how to make donuts, homemade donuts, homemade donuts recipe, easy donuts recipe, best donuts