Quick Dill Refrigerator Pickles are made with fresh cucumbers and a homemade brine. You won’t believe how crunchy and perfect these homemade pickles are.
- 2 medium or 5-6 small cucumbers (Kirby are great), about 2 cups.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper corns
- 2 teaspoons whole yellow mustard seed
- 2–4 sprigs fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1–2 cloves garlic, halved, optional
- Prepare the cucumbers by slicing them how you like, spears or rounds both work great. Place them in a glass mason jar or a bowl.
- In a medium pan, add the water, vinegar, salt, peppercorns, whole mustard seed, dill, and garlic if using. Stir to combine.
- Over medium-high heat, bring the mixture to a boil and boil for one minute. Remove from the heat and pour the mixture over the prepared cucumbers.
- Let the cucumbers and vinegar mixture rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (though overnight is great, too) before enjoying.
- Keep pickles in the fridge, submerged in the brine, for up to a week.
- You can substitute the peppercorns and whole mustard seed for pickling spice (here’s my homemade pickling spice recipe) if you like. Use a generous tablespoon of pickling spice for this recipe.
- If using table salt, use a scant tablespoon (about 2 1/2 teaspoons).
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Brine
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: refrigerator pickles, recipe for refrigerator pickles, refrigerator dill pickles, recipe for refrigerator dill pickles, easy refrigerator pickles, quick pickle recipe, homemade pickles, homemade pickles recipe, recipe for homemade pickles