A rich and creamy pumpkin alfredo recipe using canned pumpkin, cream and garlic. This pasta sauce is absolute perfection!
- 12–16 ounces pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3–5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta al dente according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the water that the pasta cooked in, and then drain and set the pasta aside.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter.
- When the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree and the heavy cream.
- Bring the mixture to a light simmer and add the Parmesan cheese.
- Cook, stirring very often, until the cheese melts and the mixture starts to thicken slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir to combine. If the sauce is too thick, add some of the reserved pasta water until it reaches a creamy consistency that coats the pasta. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve right away.
- Don’t be shy about salt in this recipe. I added about a teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pasta sauce recipe, homemade alfredo sauce, easy pumpkin recipe, easy homemade alfredo sauce, homemade alfredo sauce recipe, alfredo sauce recipe, best alfredo sauce recipe, how to make alfredo sauce, how to make homemade alfredo sauce