Homemade oatmeal cookies topped with colorful M&M’s candies to make the cutest cookies on the block; plus they taste great too!
- 3/4 cup butter (1 and 1/2 sticks), at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- scant 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned or instant oats, uncooked
- 2 cups M&M candies
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the butter and the brown sugar to the bowl of your stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) and beat on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy, around 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat for another minute.
- Add the flour, sprinkle on the baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add the oats and combine.
- Add the M&M’s and stir until they are just mixed in.
- Use a cookie scoop to make a ball from 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and place on prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes until the edges begin to brown and the centers are set. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- The fun part about using M&M’s is that you turn a normal cookie into a cute seasonal cookie just by purchasing seasonal M&M’s! Use traditional M&M’s for everyday cookies, Christmas colors for the holidays, fall colors for well, the fall. So simple and pretty!
- I like to have a few extra M&M’s (or save some from the 2 cups called for in the recipe) and press them into the cookie balls before baking. You can see more of the candy that way and they look extra cute.