This Maple Sugar Cookie recipe, made with real maple syrup, is the perfect sweet treat for any time of year! These easy cookies are a wonderful snack.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix to combine.
- The dough should be a little bit stiffer than a traditional chocolate chip cookie dough recipe. You made need to add and up to an additional 1/4 cup of flour to achieve this. The dough should not be tacky to the touch. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and divide into 4 pieces. Roll one piece out on a lightly floured surface until the dough is 1/4 of an inch thick. Cut the dough with cookie cutters and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges start to turn golden brown and the centers a set. Let the cookies cool on the pan for 3-5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk and store any extras in an air-tight container.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy cookies, sugar maple cookies, sugar cookies, cookie ideas, maple syrup, maple cookies, easy desserts, dessert ideas