A Classic Macaroni Salad recipe, just like you’d get from your grocer’s deli, only better! Loaded with celery, carrots, peppers, and eggs and topped with a homemade creamy dressing. A great option for a neighborhood cookout!
- 2 cups macaroni pasta (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped boiled eggs (about 4 eggs)
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup finely grated carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until it is cooked al dente. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- While the pasta cooks, in a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, vinegar, and sugar and stir to combine.
- Add the pasta to a medium mixing bowl. Add the eggs, bell pepper, carrot, celery, and red onion to the pasta. Add the mayonnaise mixture.
- Stir everything together until it is all well-coated. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve right away.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: macaroni salad, macaroni salad recipe, how to make macaroni salad, best macaroni salad, easy macaroni salad, macaroni salad with egg