Your family will love these easy finger food taquitos made with leftover turkey. No turkey on hand? Just about any shredded cooked meat will work - chicken, pork, or lamb.
- 2 cups left over cooked turkey, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium bowl add the turkey through the salt. Use a fork to combine all of the ingredients well. This will also help to break the turkey into little pieces.
- Place the corn tortillas on a plate and cover with a very damp napkin or paper towel. Microwave on high for about a minute. This will moisten and soften the tortillas so that they won't break when being rolled.
- Working quickly, while the tortillas are still hot, place about 2 tablespoons of the turkey mixture in the center of each tortilla and spread it from end to end. Sprinkle on a bit of the cheese. Roll the tortilla up tightly and place 2 toothpicks through the center to keep it in place. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet or dutch oven until it reaches 375 degrees. Fry the taquitos until golden brown, turning once (2 to 3 minutes per side). Enjoy hot.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: leftover turkey recipe, day after thanksgiving recipe, turkey appetizer recipe