Honey Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are a healthy, naturally sweetened way to enjoy those little gems that you just dug out of your jack-o-lantern.
- 2 cups raw fresh pumpkin seeds, washed and pumpkin goop picked off
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. If your pumpkin seeds are wet from washing, dry them a bit on a clean dish towel or on paper towels. Place the pumpkin seeds in a medium bowl.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add the butter, oil or coconut oil, and honey. Microwave until the butter melts and the honey is runny. Pour the honey mixture over the pumpkin seeds and stir. Add the cinnamon and stir again.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper so that the paper hangs over both ends. Dump the pumpkin seeds into the middle of the paper and place it in the oven. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the seeds and honey are a deep golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes.
- When the seeds are roasted, remove from the oven and stir again. Stir a few times as they cool to keep them from sticking in one big lump. Enjoy the seeds once they are cool enough to eat. Store uncovered for up to one week.
- Nuts and seeds, especially when coated with a sugar (in this case honey), tend to burn quickly and easily. Keep a close eye on these. Stir often and if they appear to be getting too brown too fast, turn down the oven temperature a bit.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to roast pumpkin seeds, pumpkin seed recipe, pumpkin seeds recipe, roasted pumpkin seeds, Halloween snack ideas, easy snack ideas, quick snack idea