Healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe made with honey and whole wheat flour. These cookies are thick, soft, and just sweet enough to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips (plus more for placing on top)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a medium bowl add the oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and cornstarch. Stir to combine. Add the honey, peanut butter, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Make a ball with 2 large tablespoons of dough in your hands then lightly flatten the dough and place it on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake cookies for 12 to 14 minutes until the cookies are light brown and not soft in the center. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Notes: This recipe makes 9 large cookies or 12 average-sized cookies. If you make 12 cookies, bake 10-12 minutes.
- You don't taste the peanut butter much, it's helps to make the cookies not taste too "honey-y". You can use other nut butters in place of peanut butter in this recipe.
- If the dough is really sticky right after you stir it all together, let it rest for 5 minutes. The whole wheat flour will absorb some of the extra moisture.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal cookie recipes, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, healthy cookie recipe, easy cookies