For the Salad
- 4 cups chopped salad greens (I used romaine lettuce and spinach)
- 1 yellow apple cored and diced
- 1 red apple cored and diced
- 3–5 strips bacon, cooked crisp and then crumbled
- 5–6 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and then thinly sliced or shaved
- 1 cup maple candied pecans (see notes)
For the Maple-Dijon Dressing
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add the lettuce to a bowl and then top with the additional ingredients.
- To make the dressing add all of the dressing ingredient to a mason jar, screw on the lid, and then give it a shake. Shake again right before dressing the salad,
- Dress the salad and toss right before serving (the dressing recipe makes more than you’ll need, enjoy the leftovers another day).
If you don’t want to make a homemade dressing, a store-bought poppy seed dressing would also be a great choice. I like the Briannas brand.
If you want to add some feta cheese to this salad you sure can! I think it would be a really nice addition.
Recipe for maple candied nuts found here: https://www.blessthismessplease.com/2015/11/maple-candied-pecans-naturally-sweetened.html