How to make a DIY Christmas Cheese board for a party complete with what cheese to buy, how to make it festive, and more!
- cheese – I used Jarlsberg (similar to Swiss), aged Cheddar (I used a white Seriously Sharp from Cabot), a rosemary crust cheese, a simple herb and onion cheese, and a goat cheese with cranberries
- peach jalapeno jam
- whole grain mustard
- Kalamata olives
- assorted crackers/Melba toast/Sesame sticks
- sliced apples and peeled mandarin oranges
- Christmas sweets such as candy canes, red and green M&M’s, chocolate covered stars, Christmas tree cookies, minty popcorn balls, gingerbread cookies, Hershey kisses
- cheese knives
- Place your cheeses on your board. Feel free to pre-slice one or two of the cheeses if you desire.
- Place condiments (jam and mustard) in small serving bowls (bonus points if the dishes are festive!) and place on board.
- Place crackers etc. around the cheeses.
- Add fruit and salami.
- Fill in the gaps with candies and other treats.
- Garnish with candies and small seasonal items.
- Serve right away.
- Thomas bought these very inexpensive cheese knives for my stocking last Christmas, and I love them! I use a few nice boards and these knives over and over again.
- Find Christmas shaped treats and shapes like gingerbread men, trees, stars, and candy canes to make this board festive. The little trees that aren’t cookies on my board are actually cheese crackers!
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheese platter for parties, how to make a cheese platter, holiday appetizers, christmas appetizer, cheese board, how to make a cheese board