Thick and creamy homemade chocolate mousse made with just a few 4 simple ingredients, whipped into a perfectly fluffy chocolate dessert.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut, almond, or cherry extract (optional)
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips with 2/3 cup of the cream and the corn syrup.
- Once melted and smooth, stir in vanilla and flavored extract, if using.
- Stir in remaining 1 1/3 cup cream and stir to combine.
- Place in a glass or metal bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- When chilled, beat with electric mixer until whipped and light, about 3 minutes.
- Place in serving dishes or ramekins and serve cold.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream and/or chocolate shavings if desired.
- The sweetness in this recipe comes from the chocolate. If you want a semi-sweet or dark chocolate mousse, use semi-sweet chocolate chips. If you like a sweeter mousse, use milk chocolate chips.
- Use a hand mixer or a stand mixer to mix the mousse after it chills. You’ll get a much lighter mousse than trying to mix it by hand.
- The corn syrup is added to make the texture smooth. It can be omitted if you don’t want to use it.
Keywords: chocolate desserts, chocolate mousse, how to make chocolate mousse, easy chocolate mousse, chocolate mousse recipe