Quick and easy One Pot Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole that is on the table in only 30 minutes.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- ½ of a large onion, finely diced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 3 cups broccoli florets (small bite-sized pieces)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I like sharp)
- In a large skillet or pan (I used a 12 inch skillet), over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the onion and cook until the onion is softened and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until no longer pink, stirring often.
- Push the chicken mixture to one side of the pan and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the other side of the pan. When the butter melts, add the rice to the pan.
- Saute the rice in the melted butter for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and salt to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour in the chicken broth and combine the rice with the chicken mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium or medium-low, so that it’s still slowly simmering, and add a lid to the pan.
- Cook without stirring for 12 minutes.
- After the 12 minute cooking time, add broccoli and stir to combine.
- Replace the lid and cook an additional 8 minutes or until the broccoli and rice are both tender.
- Remove from heat and add ½ cup of the cheese and stir to combine. Add the rest of the cheese to the top of the dish. Add the lid and let the dish rest until the cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
- Serve right away.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: one pot dinner recipe, easy chicken dinner recipe, easy chicken recipes, chicken breast recipe, chicken thighs recipe