Garlic Butter Baked Salmon in Foil is a quick and easy dinner recipe made with broccoli and cauliflower. It’s done in about 20 minutes and it tastes awesome!
- 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1–2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1–2 tablespoon fresh herbs, optional
- 8 lemon slices
- 4 salmon fillets, 4 to 6 ounces each (with or without skin)
- 2 cups bite-size broccoli florets
- 2 cups bite-size cauliflower florets
- Salt and pepper
- Aluminum foil
- lemon wedges, for serving
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter, garlic, and herbs until the butter is melted and the garlic fragrant, about 30 seconds. (This can also be done on the stove-top)
- Tear off 8 sheets of foil about 12 -14 inches long. Double up the foil by stacking two pieces on top of each other so you are working with 4 sets of foil – 2 pieces each. Brush a bit of the butter mixture in the center of each set of foil and place two slices of lemon on top of the butter.
- Evenly distribute the salmon fillets, broccoli, and cauliflower between each of the foil packets. Brush the additional butter over the vegetables and fish. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Draw two opposite ends of the foil up and fold it over and then fold each end (you want to seal the food inside, making a packet).
- Place foil packets on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until the fish is cooked through. Remove from the oven when fish is cooked through.
- Carefully open the foil packets and enjoy while still hot. Serve with additional lemon slices.
- You can use just about any fresh herbs that you might have on hand. I use parsley, oregano, and basil most often (a combination of all three is great).
- You can also grill these salmon packets over medium to medium-high heat for 12 to 15 minutes until the fish is cooked through – a great option to keep the oven off in the summer.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy salmon recipe, salmon in foil, healthy dinner ideas, how to bake salmon, baked salmon in oven, baked salmon how long, baked salmon foil, baked salmon in foil, best salmon recipe, best baked salmon recipe