- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil (or melted butter or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups chopped apple
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, oil, and applesauce. Beat until foamy.
- Add the sugar and vanilla, and stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir just until wet all the way through. Fold in the apples.
- Pour batter into a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the cake springs back when lightly touched, 35 to 40 minutes.
See the tips and tricks sections in the post for all of the notes to this recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple cake recipe, best apple cake recipe, easy apple cake recipe, how to make apple cake, homemade apple cake, easy dessert idea, best dessert recipe, easy dessert recipe, fruit cake recipe, best fruit cake recipe