These Raspberry Streusel Bars from America's Test Kitchen have three delicious layers: a crispy shortbread, a raspberry filling and a crumbly streusel topping.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, cut into 18 pieces and softened (1 and 1/4 cups), divided
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with a foil sling and then grease the foil (have the foil over hang the edges so that you can remove the bars to cut and serve).
- Whisk the flour, granulated sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. Add 16 of the butter pieces (1 cup, save out 2 tablespoons). Use an electric mixer (or a stand mixer) and beat on low until the mixture starts to resemble wet sand, about 2 minutes. Remove 1 1/4 cups of the mixture and place it in a seperate bowl (reserve for topping).
- Place the rest of the butter and flour mixture in the baking pan and press it into an even layer with the bottom of a measuring cup. Bake the crust until it starts to smell good and the edges begin to brown, 14 to 18 minutes.
- While the crust is cooking mix the reserved flour mixture, oats, nuts, and brown sugar together. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and pinch the mixture between your fingers to make large pea-sized streusel.
- In a small bowl mash the jam, berries, and lemon juice together, leaving a few chunks of raspberry.
- Spread the berry mixture evenly over the hot crust, sprinkle on the topping. Bake until filling is bubbling and the topping is a deep golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes.
- Let the bars cool completely in the pan on a wire rack for 2 hours. Remove from the pan using the foil and then cut into squares and serve.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pie bars, breakfast bars recipe, raspberry bars, cookie bars, cookie bars recipe, streusel recipe, easy dessert recipe, easy dessert recipe few ingredients, raspberry dessert