5 fast, kid-friendly, no-bake Halloween treats that are so easy to make your kids could do it on their own.
- Candy melts in a variety of colors, such as green, orange, and blue
- Almond Bark – white melting candy coating
- orange and green M&M candies
- small pretzel knots
- red packaged icing
- Hershey’s Kisses
- Nutter Butter cookies
- pre-made Rice Krispies Treat bars
- candy eyes
- black icing gel
- chocolate sprinkles
To make Pumpkin Pretzels:
- Melt 1-2 cups orange candy melts according to package directions.
- Dip pretzels into melted candy melts and use a fork to fish them out again. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove extra candy.
- Place covered pretzel on a piece of wax paper.
- Place a green M&M candy at the top of the pretzel while the candy melt is still melty – it should look like a pumpkin stem.
- Let the candy harden before removing your pumpkin pretzel from the wax paper.
To make Oreo Witch Hats:
- Place a small amount of red icing in the center of the Oreo cookie.
- Press an unwrapped Hershey Kiss to the cookie where you put the icing. Let the icing squish out from under the kiss a bit so that you can see it. You can add additional icing around the Kiss to look like a bow if you like.
To make Nutter Butter Ghosts:
- Melt the Almond Bark white melting candy coating according to package directions.
- Dip the Nutter Butter cookies into melted Almond Bark and use a fork to fish them out again. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove extra candy coating.
- Place covered cookie on a piece of wax paper.
- Place orange M&M candies at the top of the cookie to look like eyes and a mouth while the candy melt is still melty. You can use other colors of M&M’s as well and even orange Tic-Tacs.
- Let the candy harden before removing your cookie from the wax paper.
To make Rice Krispies Treat Frankensteins:
- Melt green candy melts according to package directions.
- Pour chocolate sprinkles into a small bowl.
- Unwrap a Rice Krispies Treat and dip the front into the green candy melts, no need to dip the whole thing.
- Press the top into the bowl of sprinkles so that the sprinkles stick to the wet candy melts to make Frankie’s hair.
- Set the Rice Krispies Treat on a piece of wax paper.
- Add two candy eyes while the candy melts are still soft.
- Once the candy melts have set, use black piping gel to make a mouth.
To make Marshmallow Monsters:
- Melt any color of candy melts you want according to package directions (different colors in different bowls).
- Stand marshmallows up on a piece of wax paper.
- Use a spoon to spoon the melted candy over the marshmallows so that the candy drips off the top of the mallow. Repeat with remaining mallows and candy melts.
- Before the candy melts harden, add candy eyes to your monsters and chocolate sprinkles as hair or eyebrows.
- Let the candy melts harden before removing from the wax paper.
- Our little store only had a few colors of candy melts. I discovered that you can mix them like you would paint! I melted 2 parts yellow to 1 part blue to make green and did 2 parts yellow and 1 part red to make orange. Worked great! Adding food coloring to the white Almond Bark did NOT work though. The melted candy seized up when I added it, and I ruined the whole batch.
- You can find candy eyes with the sprinkles or with the candy melts. You can even order them on Amazon because the internet is amazing.