Pineapple Zucchini Muffins are perfectly sweet, extra moist, and fluffy thanks to the addition of crushed pineapple and grated zucchini. This healthy muffin recipe is a great make-ahead breakfast option for the busy week ahead!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, water squeezed out
- One 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the sugar, applesauce, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the flour across the top of the wet ingredients and then sprinkle the baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder across the top of the flour. Stir everything together just until combined.
- Add the zucchini and pineapple and stir to incorporate.
- Pour the batter evenly into 24 muffin cups and bake until the center is set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, around 20-22 minutes.
- The pineapple adds a lot of sweetness and moisture to the bread. It is delicious!
- If the pineapple is not drained well or the zucchini is left with all of its water, then the muffins will come out gummy. To get the extra moisture out of the zucchini, place the shredded zucchini on top of two stacked paper towels and then press on it with two more stacked paper towels.
- You can sub the white flour for whole wheat (I did and loved it and it is still just as moist). Just bump the baking powder up to 1/2 teaspoon if using whole wheat flour.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pineapple zucchini muffin recipe, easy breakfast recipes, breakfast muffin recipes, best breakfast muffin recipes, make-ahead breakfast recipes, zucchini muffin recipe, pineapple muffin recipe, healthy muffin recipes