Moist and sweet, zucchini pineapple bread is a scrumptious and unexpectedly delicious treat that you need to try today!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, water squeezed out (see notes)
- One 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the sugar, applesauce, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the flour across the top of the wet ingredients, and then sprinkle the baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder across the top of the flour.
- Stir everything together just until combined.
- Add the zucchini and pineapple, and stir to incorporate.
- Pour the batter into 2 greased bread pans, and bake until the center is set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, around 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes before running a knife along the edge of the bread in the pan and then inverting the bread to remove it from the pan. Let the bread finish cooling on the wire rack.
- The pineapple adds a lot of sweetness and moisture to the bread. It is delicious!
If the pineapple is not drained well or the zucchini is left with all of its water then the bread will come out gummy. To get the extra moisture out of the zucchini, place the shredded zucchini on top of two stacked paper towels and then press on it with two more stacked paper towels.
- You can sub the all-purpose flour for whole wheat (I did and loved it — still just as moist), just add an additional 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder if using whole wheat flour.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini, pineapple, zucchini bread recipe, zucchini bread, bread, breadkfast