This Healthy Easy Zucchini Egg Bake recipe is made with 3 ingredients, can be customized to your liking, reheats well, and is a great option to prep ahead. Egg bake casserole is the perfect option for a breakfast or brunch get-together.
- 3 cups grated zucchini (1 medium)
- 1 medium onion, chopped or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet, saute the zucchini and onion together with the salt until all of the liquid that the vegetables have released is cooked off. You can cook them over medium heat and let it steam off gently or you can cook it over medium high to cook it off more quickly. If you are cooking it at a higher temperature, you might need to add a little oil to prevent sticking. It just depends on how much time you have really.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs. Remove the skillet from the heat. Spread the cooked veggies out evenly in the skillet. Pour the eggs over the top and stick the whole pan in the hot oven.
- Cook until the eggs no longer jiggle in the middle, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before slicing into 4 pieces. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat before eating.
This is the most basic version of this recipe (which makes it super easy to track in something like MyFitnessPal or Weight Watchers). You can add just about any vegetable you'd like. I often cook 4 ounces of chopped mushrooms and some chopped bell pepper in this, too. You can also add things like meat or cheese to the eggs before baking. Add what you like!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make an egg bake, how to make zucchini egg bake, easy breakfast recipes, easy brunch recipes, homemade brunch recipes, zucchini egg bake recipe, healthy egg bake recipes, 3 ingredient breakfast recipes