This light and fluffy zucchini corn bread is sweet and moist thanks to the addition of grated zucchini. Super easy to make and done in around 30 minutes!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups zucchini, extra moisture removed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-inch backing pan well, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Use a whisk to combine well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the milk, eggs, and butter. Stir until just combined.
- Add the zucchini and stir until just combined, don't over mix.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan and place in the hot oven until the top is golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let the cornbread cool for 5 minutes and then serve warm.
You can wring the zucchini out in a clean dish towel or blot it between a few layers of paper towel to help remove the extra moisture. Don't skip this step or your cornbread will be gummy.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Side
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: best corn bread recipe, thanksgiving side dish, easy corn bread, best corn bread, easy corn bread recipe, how to make corn bread, zucchini bread recipe, healthy zucchini bread, best zucchini bread