Zucchini and Sweet Corn Quesadillas is a simple meal that is the perfect thing to stick on your meal plan for the coming week.
- 1 small zucchini, diced small
- 1 cup frozen corn or the corn from 2 ears of cooked corn removed from the cob
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- hot sauce, optional
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- butter or cooking spray for pan
- Heat a large cast iron or other heavy bottomed skillet on the stove-top over medium-high heat. Saute the zucchini, corn, and onion until the veggies are tender crisp but cooked through. Removed the zucchini mixture from the pan and add salt and pepper to taste, the cilantro, and the hot sauce if you are using it.
- Wipe the skillet out with a paper towel and return it to stove over medium heat.
- Place 1 tortilla on a plate or cutting board, spread a 1/4 cup of the zucchini mixture and then 1/4 cup of shredded cheese evenly over the tortilla. Place a second tortilla on top. Carry the quesadilla on the plate or cutting board over to the hot pan and carefully slide it onto the hot pan.
- Let the tortilla cook for a minute or so, until lightly browned, and then carefully flip it over and cook on the other side. The goal is to have warm filling and melted cheese without burning the tortillas, so keep an eye on things and lower the heat if the tortillas are cooking too fast, or if your stove tends to cook hot, start with a lower temperature.
- Remove the warm quesadilla from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Using a knife or pizza roller, cut the quesadilla into 6 or 8 wedges.
- Serve right away salsa for dipping.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Meatless
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 547
- Sugar: 3.1g
- Sodium: 1293.9mg
- Fat: 24.5g
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Protein: 24.2g
- Cholesterol: 51.2mg
Keywords: Quesadilla, Zuchinni, Meatless Monday, Meal Prep, Vegetarian