The Best Homemade Whole Wheat Waffles that are light, fluffy, and baked with whole grain goodness – the perfect easy breakfast recipe for any day of the week.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups milk
- Plug in your waffle iron to get it heating. (I love this inexpensive animal waffle maker!)
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Use a whisk to combine them.
- Make a well in the center of your flour mixture and crack the eggs into it, add the melted butter and the milk. Whisk to combine well.
- Ladle into the waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Eat piping hot or keep warm in a 200 degree oven until you are ready to serve.
- Delicious with blueberries and freshly whipped cream on top, butter and syrup, jam, or whatever else you enjoy on a waffle.
- You’ll have the best luck if you use a finely ground wheat flour. I have great luck using whole wheat pastry flour (which is very finely ground).
- I normally use 2% milk for this recipe but have also made it with almond milk with great success. If you’d like to try alternative milks, I think they’d work fine.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Maker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: waffle recipe, easy waffle recipe, best waffle recipe, how to make waffles, simple waffle recipe, homemade waffles, whole wheat waffles