An easy homemade whole wheat pumpkin waffle recipe from scratch! Perfectly light and fluffy waffles for a healthy yet delicious breakfast.
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 small can pumpkin (15 ounces)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Use a whisk to combine them all and then make a large well in the center.
- Add all of the wet ingredients to the well and then start whisking the two together. Whisk from the middle of the bowl out, slowly making your way out to the dry ingredients. You are slowly incorporating the dry so that they don’t get clumpy.
- When well-combined, cook according to your waffle iron directions.
- Serve with lots of butter and real maple syrup.
- Freeze the extras for a quick breakfast and reheat in the toaster.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin waffles recipe, easy waffles recipe, whole wheat waffles, waffles from scratch, homemade waffles, best waffles, healthy waffle recipe, how to make waffles, fall recipes