Whole Wheat Graham Crackers are a homemade version of your favorite cracker. Top with peanut butter, dip in milk and enjoy the crunchy texture and honey flavor.
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sucanat (dehydrated cane juice) or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all your dry ingredients in the bowl of your mixer and combine.
- Add all of the wet ingredients and mix with the cookie paddle attachment until everything comes together. The dough isn’t sticky and is moderately greasy.
- Divide the dough in half and roll half out on a floured surface. Roll to about 1/4 inch thick. You can treat the dough like a sugar cookie dough and cut out shapes or you can use a pizza cutter and cut out squares. Place the cut out crackers on a parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet, and prick them with a fork.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until the edges just slightly darken. They will harden up more as they cool.
- Store in an air tight container.
- You can use coconut oil in place of all or part of the butter.
- The thickness of the dough and the baking time will change the texture of the cracker. Sometimes I like them thicker and baked less, which yields more of a cookie texture. Lots of times I will roll out half the dough for thin crackers and the other half for thicker cookies.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: graham crackers, crackers, cookies, how to, recipe, snack, graham