Whole Grain Zucchini Muffins are made with whole grains, natural sweeteners, and vegetables. These healthy zucchini muffins make a nutritious breakfast, and they’re perfect if you’re on the go! Your whole family will love them!
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup milk (nut or dairy)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated fresh zucchini
- 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats (uncooked), plus extra for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin tin well. ]
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, and salt. Use a whisk to combine well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture an add the egg, syrup or honey, milk, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until the mixture just comes together (don’t over mix). Add the zucchini and oats and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle a few additional oats on eat muffin if desired. Bake for 16-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from the muffin pan and serve warm, at room temperature.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy zucchini muffin recipe, homemade zucchini muffins, whole grain muffin recipe, whole grain zucchini muffin recipe, healthy breakfast recipe, easy make ahead breakfast recipe, best breakfast muffin recipe, healthy breakfast muffin recipe