- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 3/4 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate (think big chunks here, not dust)
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12 x 17 inch, rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray and line the bottom with parchment. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, soda salt, and spices in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugars together until creamy and pale, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and yolk one at a time, scraping down as needed. Add vanilla and molasses and mix until combined. Add flour mixture on low speed until combined.
- By hand, stir in white chocolate and chopped ginger.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking sheet and bake until golden on edges, 22 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan; cut into squares.
- Blondies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.